|POSITION TITLE: ||Marketing Operations Manager|
|REPORTING TO:||Director, Sales & Marketing|
|LOCATION:||Western United States with extensive travel, including Juneau|
|Alaskan Brewing Company, a regional craft brewery based in Juneau, Alaska, United States, was founded in 1986. The company is independently owned by its original investors, plus employee and ESOP ownership. Alaskan has consistently won quality award recognition for its beers at the most prestigious national and international events, as well as numerous business-related awards. Known for its pioneering innovation and sustainability achievements, the brewery has grown in volume to be in the top 25 craft breweries in the US for many years. |
|SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITY:|
|Under the direction of the Director of Sales & Marketing, the Marketing Operations Manager position is responsible for the coordination of all marketing operations at Alaskan Brewing Company. This position is accountable for driving revenue through marketing programs and support. |
- Alaskan’s Culture: Ability to imbue Alaskan’s culture within every market/sales project undertaken. We are “rooted in Alaska” and believe our authenticity and “Alaskan Brewing” trademark and reputation for excellence is our differentiator from all other beverages. An ability to adapt and understand Alaskan’s unique attributes and assure that we are represented authentically is of utmost importance to our brand long term.
- Chain Store/Independents/Distributor Marketing Leadership: This position requires a strong understanding of the beverage (preferably alcoholic beverage) marketplace and how to create sales tools for successful and cost beneficial “pitches” to national chain buyers, independent stores and our individual distributor partners. This position also will require working closely with marketing departments of some of our larger distributors and providing them desirable materials for their pitches to their various customers.
- Packaging & Collateral materials creation: Responsible for leadership and project management on all development of all marketing materials including beverage packaging taking into consideration brand look, feel, quality and cost. Innovative and critical thinking skills required for this competency.
- Brand Leadership: Leading review of brand standards on a consistent basis, monitoring and communication brand standards, and assure that we are keeping consistent branding during transition periods and that our band is protected for the long term.
- Data-driven/metrics driven: Proven use of current knowledgebase and data tools to drive and monitor sales & marketing development, growth and opportunities throughout each territory, and from an overall company perspective.
- Tactical and strategic planning: Development and jointly execute an annual revenue, pricing, marketing and sales plan (as part of a 3-5 year longer term strategy), that is also reviewed by the Leadership team.
- Geographic Market Strategies: Responsible for guiding market strategies both in the US and potentially internationally working closely with executive management and sales leadership.
- Media and Communication: Develop a communication strategy which effectively engages the brand’s strategic target and supports internal business goals and objectives. This includes the development of digital marketing strategies to increase traffic and engagement with customers.
- Contract Negotiation: Works to develop RFP’s, contracts for both legal and regulatory environments, and partnerships with cross-merchandising organizations.
- Strategic Planning
- Decision Making
- Results Driven
- Business Acumen
experience. Alcohol industry preferred.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Minimum of 8 years of beverage marketing professional
agility in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience required.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills.
- Strong data analytic skills.
- Ability to deliver formal written and in-person presentations.
- Proven contractual negotiation skills.
- Ability to go up and down stairs, step over hoses, move with
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move packages up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to use a computer.
A bachelor's degree is required.
| || |
|COMPENSATION:||A competitive base salary and bonus is being offered.|
| || |
|Relocation assistance will be provided for the right candidate. |