Director of Manufacturing & Operational Excellence VP & GM of Kinston
The client is a Tier One Design – Build Supplier in the aerospace industry. More information will be provided after receiving a signed NDA.
Kinston, North Carolina (Eastern Carolina)
Eastern North Carolina offers ideal location, skilled talent and an unrivaled quality of life. Ranked among the best places to live, Eastern North Carolina is populated by communities with safe neighborhoods, friendly people, relaxed lifestyles, and affordable living.
The region has a “high quality of life especially for people who love the water – coastal sounds and uncluttered beaches rated among the very best in the world, including the top 10 World Dive sites off the Outer Banks.
A thriving arts community and East Carolina University fuel the cultural scene in the region, and the outdoor recreation opportunities are almost endless. So whether someone's idea of fun is browsing a funky art gallery, taking in a planetarium exhibit, spending a day at the lake, or cheering on the ECU Pirates, there's never a shortage of things to do.
The Director of Manufacturing & Operational Excellence will be responsible for leading a team of approximately 250 (some remote employees in Wichita and France) focused on the engineering and manufacturing of Fuselages and parts for the Airbus 350.
Director of Manufacturing & Operational Excellence:
The main emphasis of the role will be on leadership and stabilizing the team moving from a reactive mode to a proactive model of operational excellence. The focus will be on standard processes, Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Performance Metrics.
Manages complexity and establishes clear goals which align a unit’s efforts with the organization’s vision. Ensures synergies between people, processes, and strategies.
SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops long-range course of action to ensure successful realization of the organizations view while balancing short-term commitments.
- Establish an operating rhythm and touch points; establish vision and plan; engage employees and the unions and help them see their connection to the strategy and what it means for them; immerse yourself / be on the floor or with your team and stay actively involved.
- Utilize lean principles, continuous improvement; understands compliance & regulations in aerospace.
- Identifies and seizes opportunities to create efficiencies, streamline processes, and leverage resources in order to reduce cost. Delivers on profit margin commitments.
- Shift from a cost center mentality to business mentality.
- Lead Manufacturing Engineering and Industrial Engineering to create both efficient production and collaborative communication.
- Lead the team and create an environment of collaboration and accountability.
- Create and manage to daily, weekly and monthly plans and metrics to keep programs on track.
- Creates an environment in which products and processes are designed to ensure customer satisfaction; effectively incorporates customer perspectives in all business activities and processes.
- Establishing systems and processes to attract, develop, engage, and retain talented individuals.
- Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Initiating and maintaining strategic relationships with stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
- Leadership excellence.
- Experience moving from a model of command and control to a culture of engagement empowerment and self-direction
- Drive capability to scale at a historic pace.
- Drive cost reduction
- Drive quality improvement
- Driving and meeting delivery schedules and the needs of internal and external customers.
- Drive a Safety culture
- Fostering productive union (IAM) partnerships
- Must embody, embrace, and live our key values of:
- Transparency , Collaboration , Inspiration
- Proven ability to create and maintain a proactive production culture.
Perform well under pressure and respond constructively to difficult situations in a timely manner.
Broad operational toolbox including:
o Change management
o Aerospace experience
o Leadership of large teams
Proven ability to develop, monitor, measure and enforce key production and quality metrics.
Consistently provides high quality and on-time delivery, Improves overall organizational effectiveness.
Maintaining a balanced production system and taking a proactive approach to avoiding future potential imbalances and traveled work
Provides customer solutions with the lowest total cost, understands competitive position, continuously improves processes.
Demonstrated ability to lead from the front as well as present at the executive level on a regular basis
Demonstrated leadership ability, including; strategic business acumen, ability to inspire and motivate people, orientation to action, courage to innovate and make tough decisions, excellent follow-up and follow-through skills live the values through behaviors.
From a personal standpoint, the individual must have the following attributes:
High energy, perseverance, and passion for teamsuccess.
LEAN and CIP mindset
Respects and values diversity and inclusion
Workhorse mentality and the ability to grind through difficult situations.
Well-rounded in terms of action orientation, ability to communicate effectively and concisely, and ability to understand technical elements but lead from a strategic standpoint.
Adheres to the highest standards of ethical conduct, maintains a safe work environment, listens to others' ideas, thoughts and views, Provides candid feedback.
Maintains a positive attitude, Includes everyone, helps everyone, encourages others, holds self and others accountable, Shares wins and successes.
Proactively and quickly making sense of complex issues; responding effectively to complex and ambiguous situations; communicating complicated information simply.
Personal passion for:
A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Engineering or Operations Management or related field. MBA degree or related field preferred.
This role may require travel
Relocation assistance will be provided for the right candidate.
A competitive base salary is being offered in addition to short- term and long-term incentive plans including cash and equity. The company offers a wide variety of benefit programs and services that address the needs of employees and their families. Benefits include, but are not limited to tuition assistance, medical & dental, vision, prescription, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), pension plan, paid holidays and vacation.