|AnitaB.org is a global nonprofit organization based in Belmont, California. Founded by computer scientists Anita Borg and Telle Whitney, the institute's primary aim is to recruit, retain, and advance women in technology.|
The institute's most prominent program is the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference, the world's largest gathering of women in computing, from 2002 to present.
At AnitaB.org, they envision a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies for whom they build it. AnitaB.org connects, inspires, and guides women in computing, and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative.
AnitaB.org’s social enterprise supports women in technical fields, as well as the organizations that employ them and the academic institutions training the next generation. A full roster of programs help women grow, learn, and develop their highest potential.
Women transform technology.
With the help of their partners and sponsors, AnitaB.org helps women make significant contributions to technical fields.
AnitaB.org’s programs and awards highlight the accomplishments of women technologists and recognize organizations building innovation-driven teams. Their events and communities enable women to network with their peers and mentors and support one another along their career paths.
| || |
|SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITY:|
|Strategy and Planning:
- As a member of the AnitaB.org Leadership Team, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services as a distributed business, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business’ success. Set the vision and the roadmap.
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including mobile application frameworks and deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, implementation, and deployment of all technology services.
- As a member of the Leadership Team, establish governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of data security, business intelligence, business collaboration and technology delivery.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company organizational needs.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s data and servers.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to sponsors, partners, investors, management, staff, customers, and stakeholders.
Implementation and Deployment:
- Create strategies and deploy IT applications that consider the next generation patterns.
- Create and implement strategies for compliance and Cyber Security.
- Manage all enterprise wide projects and applications.
- Select, deploy, and monitor all applications tools and proceduers.
- Establish an application deployment process and supervise deployment to staging and production. Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
- Evaluate and select applications and application hosting providers where appropriate.
- Monitor application performance and review any application failures in staging or production.
- Continue the rollout of our Business Intelligence, HRIS, Data Security and company intranet strategies.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely.
- Define and communicate company values and standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment, or software within the AtitaB.org organization.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s partners, sponsors, investors, management, staff, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop, track, and control the development and deployment of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
- Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for vendors (through service level agreements).
- Ensure the company’s internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
- Promote achievement of the company’s business goals within a context of community collaboration by developing policies for sharing software code, technological innovation, business processes, and other intellectual property.
- Contribute to the evolution of best practices by collaborating with peers outside the company, presenting at conferences, and writing for publications (online or offline).
- Working knowledge of non-profit systems including, large conference/event operations with flawless execution, HRIS, business intelligence systems, data warehousing, business collaboration suites, mobile applications and corporate intranets.
- General knowledge of cyber security, PCI compliance, BI software, intranets and cloud based solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to envision and architect technology services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems.
- Keen business acumen and proven executive management abilities.
- Experience in Back Office systems and knowledge in legal workflow in a non-profit environment.
- Knowledge of database management systems, and revision control systems.
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Familiarity with consumer privacy and Payment Card Industry compliance requirements.
- Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations.
- Must possess excellent customer service and oral and written communication skills.
- 10+ years’ experience as an effective technology leader for a multi- unit consumer non-profit organization preferred.
Education Required: Bachelor's degree in business administration or computer related studies is required. A graduate degree is a plus.
- Skilled in all facets of general business or area of specialty. Highly capable with current practices and looks ahead at opportunities to utilize new products, consumer trends, changes in the marketplace, and cutting edge technology. Reflects on vast experience to determine numerous future possibilities. Natural instincts and insight for finding the best solution to unclear issues and problems. Finds creative solutions to problems, Can see how the details fit into the big picture. Highly capable and resourceful problem solver. Manages the creative process within an organization to develop unique solutions. Leverages creative solutions in an organization resulting in competitive advantages. Makes great decisions. Highly strategic in perspective and decision making
- Recognize leadership and performance potential in associates. Motivates and develop managers and leaders. Able to formulate and execute long term plans, correctly anticipates future resources needed for long term projects, is quick to make strategic connections of people and processes resulting in improved quality, cost savings, and time efficiency.
- Excellent conflict mediation, resolution, and negotiation skills, able to form consensus and agreement when presented with differing or competing positions, quickly and directly addresses operational and associate challenges, is fair, firm, and consistent.
- Competitive, consistently driven to accomplish and exceed goals, able to create sense of urgency.
- Effectively navigates through organizational systems, structures, and people to accomplish goals. Highly capable in forming and leveraging business relationships to create advantageous support systems, alliances, and synergies.
- Demonstrates care for customers and associates, visibly demonstrates desire to understand others, creates confidence and trust with others, is viewed by others as honest and direct, able to create an environment where associates thrive and actively seek approval of the manager, actively seeks input and collaboration from team to create goals and buy in, builds high performing teams, compels teams to embrace a shared vision for success.
Compensation: Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
Benefits: The company offers a wide variety of benefit programs and services that address the needs of employees and their families. Benefits include, but are not limited to tuition assistance, medical & dental, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), pension plan, paid holidays and vacation.
Travel: 25% travel required, including domestic and international.