|AnitaB.org is a global nonprofit organization based in Belmont, California. Founded by computer scientists Anita Borg and Telle Whitney, the institute's primary aim is to recruit, retain, and advance women in technology.|
The institute's most prominent program is the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference, the world's largest gathering of women in computing, from 2002 to present.
At AnitaB.org, they envision a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies for whom they build it. AnitaB.org connects, inspires, and guides women in computing, and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative.
AnitaB.org’s social enterprise supports women in technical fields, as well as the organizations that employ them and the academic institutions training the next generation. A full roster of programs help women grow, learn, and develop their highest potential.
Women transform technology.
With the help of their partners and sponsors, AnitaB.org helps women make significant contributions to technical fields.
AnitaB.org’s programs and awards highlight the accomplishments of women technologists and recognize organizations building innovation-driven teams. Their events and communities enable women to network with their peers and mentors and support one another along their career paths.
| || |
|SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITY:|
|Strategy and Planning:
- Develop strategy, identifying innovative means and execution to diversity and grow AnitaB.org’s revenue stream.
- The Chief Strategy Officer will identify and execute growth opportunities for AnitaB.org. The Chief Strategy Officer will evaluate market forecast and long-term trends, collect competitive intelligence, drive cross-functional business processes and maintain business model innovation.
- Develop an inclusive strategic plan and strategy by collaborating with AnitaB.org’s Leadership Team, Board of Trustees and other executives.
- To ensure success the Chief Strategy Officer will have a clear understanding of their role, be focused on planning, growth and business model innovation objectives and display sound judgment on which markets to target.
- As a member of the AnitaB.org Leadership Team, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and hurdles to the business’ success. Set the vision and the roadmap.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, implementation and deployment of all services.
- As a member of the Leadership Team, establish governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately, and the organization’s resources are used responsibly.
- Works closely with the Chief Operating Officer to execute and deliver on strategic plans.
- Collaborates with the Chief Financial Officer to develop the capital plan in line with strategy.
- Analyzes market dynamics, market share changes, product line performance and competitive intelligence.
- Identifies key capital projects, joint ventures, potential M&A targets and other strategic partnership opportunities.
- Identifies strategic risks.
- Collaborates with Leadership, sponsors, partners, special committees and consultants to execute strategies.
- Ensures suitable metrics are in place to measure performance and progress.
- Monitors execution of business initiatives.
- Communicate the AnitaB.org’s business strategy to sponsors, partners, investors, management, staff, customers and stakeholders.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s partners, sponsors, investors, management, staff, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s vision, opportunities and challenges.
- Ensure the company’s internal and external processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security and social responsibility.
- Promote achievement of the company’s business goals within a context of community collaboration by developing policies for sharing innovation, business processes and other intellectual property.
- Contribute to the evolution of best practices by collaborating with peers outside the company, presenting at conferences and writing for publications (online or offline).
- Keen business acumen and proven executive management abilities.
- Must possess excellent customer service and oral and written communication skills.
- 10+ years’ experience as an effective innovation or strategy leader with non-profit organization experience preferred.
Education Required: Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing or business development. An MBA or graduate degree is a plus.
- Skilled in all facets of general business or area of specialty. Highly capable with current practices and looks ahead at opportunities to utilize new products, consumer trends, and changes in the marketplace. Reflects on vast experience to determine numerous future possibilities. Natural instincts and insight for finding the best solution to unclear issues and problems. Finds creative solutions to problems, can see how the details fit into the big picture. Highly capable and resourceful problem solver. Manages the creative process within an organization to develop unique solutions. Leverages creative solutions in an organization resulting in competitive advantages. Makes great decisions. Highly strategic in perspective and decision making.
- Recognize leadership and performance potential in associates. Motivate and develop managers and leaders. Able to formulate and execute long term plans, correctly anticipates future resources needed for long term projects, is quick to make strategic connections of people and processes resulting in improved quality, cost savings and time efficiency.
- Excellent conflict mediation, resolution, and negotiation skills, able to form consensus and agreement when presented with differing or competing positions, quickly and directly addresses operational and associate challenges, is fair, firm and consistent.
- Competitive, consistently driven to accomplish and exceed goals, able to create sense of urgency.
- Effectively navigates through organizational systems, structures, and people to accomplish goals. Highly capable in forming and leveraging business relationships to create advantageous support systems, alliances and synergies.
- Demonstrates care for customers and associates, visibly demonstrates desire to understand others, creates confidence and trust with others, is viewed by others as honest and direct, able to create an environment where associates thrive and actively seek approval of the manager, actively seeks input and collaboration from team to create goals and buy in, builds high performing teams, compels teams to embrace a shared vision for success.
Compensation: Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
Benefits:The company offers a wide variety of benefit programs and services that address the needs of employees and their families. Benefits include, but are not limited to tuition assistance, medical & dental, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), pension plan, paid holidays and vacation.
Travel: 30-40% travel required, including domestic and international.