|AnitaB.org is a global nonprofit organization based in Belmont, California. Founded by computer scientists Anita Borg and Telle Whitney, the institute's primary aim is to recruit, retain and advance women in technology.|
The institute's most prominent program is the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference, the world's largest gathering of women in computing, from 2002 to present.
At AnitaB.org, they envision a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies for whom they build it. AnitaB.org connects, inspires, and guides women in computing, and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative.
AnitaB.org’s social enterprise supports women in technical fields, as well as the organizations that employ them and the academic institutions training the next generation. A full roster of programs help women grow, learn, and develop their highest potential.
Women transform technology.
With the help of their partners and sponsors, AnitaB.org helps women make significant contributions to technical fields.
AnitaB.org’s programs and awards highlight the accomplishments of women technologists and recognize organizations building innovation-driven teams. Their events and communities enable women to network with their peers and mentors and support one another along their career paths.
| || |
|SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITY:|
|Strategy and Planning:
- In this key role, The Chief of Staff will provide strategic counsel to AnitaB.org’s Chief Executive Officer and key leaders within the organization.
- Day-to-day responsibilities will vary dramatically in this critical role supporting the AnitaB.org Chief Executive Officer and a successful leadership team.
- Serve as strategic advisor and counsel to the Chief Executive Officer and AnitaB.org Leaders.
- Assumes day-to-day responsibility for projects and tasks, including facilitating logistics, organizing the executives, conferences, meetings and event details.
- Assisting the Chief Executive Officer in navigating the Board of Trustee, including building presentation materials, decks and supporting documents.
- Creates and maintains cross-departmental relationships to enable leadership success.
- Project/program management of AnitaB.org’s key National and International conferences.
- Manage all aspects of speaking engagements by the Chief Executive Officer, including being gate keeper, engagement logistics, agenda, travel arrangements, itinerary, security and other details for a successful event.
- The Chief of Staff will be well connected with those reporting into AntiaB.org’s Chief Executive Officer and others across the organization to influence outcomes. This cross-functional perspective not only helps garner support for the leadership team, but also fosters long-term partnerships that are critical to organizational success.
- Setting the Chief Executive Officer’s strategic priorities: Helping them identify the areas where they must direct their focus and identifying metrics for success. Revisiting regularly and evaluating progress.
- Strategically managing the Chief Executive Officer’s time: working with assistant, looking at long term travel calendar, evaluating opportunities and determining fit with priorities.
- Meeting preparation and follow up: reviewing upcoming meetings for the week to ensure the Chief Executive Officer has all of the information needed to be as productive as possible and sending out agendas or documents to meeting attendees as necessary.
- Reviewing internal and external communications: drafting company newsletters, reports, pitch decks, speeches or presentations for the Chief Executive Officer.
- Monitoring information flow: Sometimes acting as a gatekeeper, ensuring a Chief Executive Officer’s involvement in a project or decision-making process at the right moment.
- Manages meeting cadence for the Board of Trustees and leadership team, ensuring materials are sent in advance, time is well spent, and objectives are achieved.
- Plans and leads company retreats, and other special events.
- Must possess excellent customer service and oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible and collaborative with the ability to interact and react quickly. Strong executive presence.
- 10+ years’ experience as an effective project/program leader or c-level executive assistant. Non-profit organization experience preferred.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing or business development. An MBA or graduate degree is a plus.
- Tenacious. Natural instincts and insight for finding the best solution to unclear issues and problems. Finds creative solutions to problems, can see how the details fit into the big picture. Highly capable and resourceful problem solver. Makes great decisions. Highly strategic in perspective and decision making.
- Recognize leadership and performance potential in associates. Correctly anticipates future resources needed for long term projects, is quick to make strategic connections of people and processes resulting in improved quality, cost savings and time efficiency.
- Excellent conflict mediation, resolution and negotiation skills, able to form consensus and agreement when presented with differing or competing positions, quickly and directly addresses operational and associate challenges, is fair, firm and consistent.
- Competitive, consistently driven to accomplish and exceed goals, able to create sense of urgency.
- Effectively navigates through organizational systems, structures, and people to accomplish goals. Highly capable in forming and leveraging business relationships to create advantageous support systems, alliances and synergies.
- Demonstrates care for customers and associates, visibly demonstrates desire to understand others, creates confidence and trust with others, is viewed by others as honest and direct, able to create an environment where associates thrive, actively seeks input and collaboration from team to create goals and buy in to embrace a shared vision for success.
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
BENEFITS: The company offers a wide variety of benefit programs and services that address the needs of employees and their families. Benefits include, but are not limited to tuition assistance, medical & dental, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), pension plan, paid holidays and vacation.
TRAVEL: 50% travel required, including domestic and international.