|POSITION TITLE:||Director Sales (Asian Markets)|
|REPORTING TO:||VP Business Development & Advanced Engineering|
|LOCATION:||The position will be based in Detroit, MI|
|THE COMPANY:||Spartan Light Metal Products is a privately held company headquartered in St. Louis, MO that was founded in 1961. Their culture was built on putting employee’s first and hiring people that have innovative ideas and strong work ethic that would translate to delivering excellent customer service. |
Today, Spartan Light Metal Products continues to be a solutions leader in the design and manufacture of aluminum and magnesium die-casting products and assemblies. The company has associates located in the United States and Asia.
While the size and capabilities of Spartan have grown well beyond what was envisioned by its founder in 1961, there is one thing that remains the same: dedicated and innovative people striving to solve the customer's problem.
|SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITY:|
|Spartan Light Metal Products is looking for a confident well-rounded Director of Sales to focus on their Asian customer base. You will be responsible for leading a team of Commercial Program Managers to develop and deploy strategic account plans that generate new business opportunities which achieve revenue, profit and market share objectives while managing commercial program activities between the customer and internal launch teams. Manages strategic customer relationships to ensure customer intimacy across all functions. Encompasses Spartan’s Core Operating Values in daily activities and in the attainment of department strategies and goals, which includes practicing servant leadership.
o Develops and deploys the customer interface strategy (points of contact, frequency) and builds strong rapport with key decision makers, developing sponsors at our key accounts to gain advanced knowledge of risks, opportunities and competitive threats.
- Leads the strategic planning and forecast process to achieve organizational growth objectives including:
- Accurate volume projections of existing and booked business within assigned accounts
- Development of market and account specific objectives
- Strategic assessment of market, competitive and customer-specific landscapes
- Development of the Account Strategy considering all of the above
- Identification of organizational barriers and recommended solutions including identification of any resource and funding requirements
- Specific opportunity targets & risks including volume, timing, revenue & investment
- Tactical action plans which progress the plan towards objective achievement
- Assures that Spartan is engaged upstream with the strategic customer’s product design and engineering functions to add value and to favorably position the company to capture high potential new programs.
- Manages customer relationships and expectations across the organization (Customer Intimacy):
o Facilitates the connections between Spartan personnel and key personnel at customer sites
· Leads and coaches the Commercial Program Managers in successful business development activities, including general prospecting, probing interviews, generation of the value proposition, competitive positioning, strategy development, technical reviews, data collection (customer, market and competitors) and negotiation.
- Takes organizational ownership of total customer satisfaction, monitoring our performance on key supplier metrics and alignment with customer initiatives, and leads pursuit of corrective action plans with cross-functional team as appropriate.
- Proactively assesses customer needs, trends and risks which could affect the business development strategy and determines alternative paths as appropriate.
· Manages the quote process from creation through approval for assigned accounts, evaluating priorities, probabilities, feasibility, capacity and potential financial impacts with the Commercial Program Managers. Coordinates senior management reviews, plant discussions and supplier reviews when appropriate. Deploys market based pricing strategies based on value provided to the customer and competitive alternatives while balancing alignment with established company vision and financial thresholds.
· Manages, coaches, and mentors Commercial Program Managers to achieve profitable, technically flawless and on-time implementation of the new product launches and engineering changes within established budgets through supervision and support of the NPR and change management processes
· Reinforces effective, consistent and relevant communication levels as a high priority across the commercial team in daily, weekly & monthly interaction with direct reports, peers, management and the customer.
· Monitors cash flow activities at responsible accounts and mentors the responsible Commercial Program Manager through the resolution process when issues arise on Accounts Receivable, TMO management, effective dates of pricing modifications and customer tooling audits. Takes lead in escalation as appropriate.
- Manages commercial team (Commercial Program Managers, Proposal Manager and Contract Administrator) to maintain an accurate opportunity pipeline for monthly updates to senior management on performance metrics, competitive intelligence, win rates & impacts to plan.
- Promotes through example, the visible tracking of all commercial issues with proactive plans to resolve on a timely basis, items such as volume changes, engineering changes, pricing changes, accounts receivable recovery, quality charge-backs or other commercial issues.
- Collaborates with commercial team to develop quarterly updates of the established strategic account plans for all assigned and target customers.
- Mentors Commercial Program Managers and Operational Team members to establish an agenda with clear meeting objectives for all customer related meetings.
- Assures that effective and timely customer meeting minutes are generated and distributed to suitable organizational levels both internally and to customer when appropriate.
- Mentors the commercial team and leads by example to formulate and present Spartan products and situational value brilliantly to all customer levels through alignment of solutions to customer needs
- Mentors the commercial team and leads by example in execution of effective, consistent and secure electronic filing of customer, program and other commercial information and reports.
· Promotes an environment of reflection and candid, respectful feedback in order to achieve continuous improvement in processes, practices and interaction/relationships across the commercial team.
· Assists in the development of sales literature/brochures, videos, and other multi-media communications.
- Contributes to and supports the existence of a positive work environment through personal involvement by communicating, interacting and behaving in a manner that promotes productive relationships with coworkers, supervisors, customers, and others with whom such relationships are important to the success of company operations.
- Performs other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Responsible for correct staffing levels as well as the hiring, coaching, training, developing, motivating, disciplining and overall performance management of the assigned Commercial Program Manager(s).
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration
- Accepts personal responsibility and accountability
- Committed to personal excellence
- Intellectual curious
- Highly Organized
- Trust and empathy
- Builds effective relationships
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering.
- Experience in automotive components manufacturing environment with the ability to understand technical data and communicate with Engineers.
- Extensive OEM contract review and product launch (APQP) experience.
- Proven success in developing strategic level management relationships
- Must have valid driver license & passport
|COMPENSATION:||A competitive base and bonus compensation is being offered with a |
|The company offers a wide variety of benefit programs and services, which address the needs of employees and their families. Benefits include, but are not limited to medical, dental & vision, disability, group life insurance, employee assistance program, 401(k) with a company match and profit sharing plan plus vacation and 9 paid holidays. |
Domestic and International travel up to 30%
| || |