Reporting to the Manager IT – Digital and EDI Applications, the EDI System Analyst II is a co-lead system owner for Kärcher North America’s Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) with trading partners and suppliers. As a system owner, this position manages the information technology and the external vendors used to deliver EDI services.
The EDI System Analyst II is accountable for ensuring EDI system services operate at a high level of availability and reliability. This role develops interface and mapping specifications, codes and supports the interfaces and maps. The EDI System Analyst II is accountable for resolving incidents relating to EDI technology failures, and for identifying and remediating the root cause of failures. This role tracks and measures the performance of each technology component required to deliver EDI services.
The EDI System Analyst II is the vendor manager for Value Added Network (VAN) vendors. This role tracks VAN compliance to contract, service levels, quality and cost.
This position works in close partnership with the EDI Liaison and Business Representatives, as well as Karcher's vendors and suppliers to deliver EDI services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following list:
- Document business requirements, design, code (as needed) and test EDI interfaces and maps.
- Follow change management when system changes are required.
- Document and maintain the EDI technical environment to facilitate support and enhancements.
- Manage 3rd party VAN providers, ensuring quality of delivery, compliance to contract and cost-effectiveness, quality and timely delivery
- Manage 3rd party mapping, ensuring quality and timely delivery.
- Meet with customers and suppliers to ensure EDI services are established in a timely manner, are reliable and meet mutual business objectives.
- Complete end-to-end delivery of EDI on boards, program improvements and compliance requirements, including map specifications and analysis, development, testing, and production support.
- Provide technical support, quickly resolve system failures and identify and eliminate root causes.
- Proactively monitor the EDI systems to capture failures before there is a customer impact.
- Measure and report EDI system performance and reliability.
- Keep current with EDI technology trends and recommend architectural improvements.
- This position is expected to have the experience to be able to work in a largely independent and proactive manner, in alignment with Kärcher's values and business strategies.
- This position will receive guidance from the Manager IT – Digital and EDI Applications
- This position does not have any direct reports.
- University degree in the field of computer science, information systems, engineering or business administration is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 5+ years of relevant experience working in EDI required
- 2+ years of relevant experience working in SAP required
- 2+ years of relevant experience working with OpenText Contivo a must
- Knowledge with SPS Commerce business preferred
- Experience with IBM Sterling maps a plus
- Strong understanding of EDI business processes and technology.
- Deep knowledge of EDI standard formats (ANSI X12, EDIFACT, etc.) and transaction types.
- Ability to design, manage optimize business processes.
- Ability to decompose and solve IT system problems.
- Knowledge of master data concepts and best practices.
- Ability to create and code EDI translation maps.
- Ability to design and code middleware.
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects/priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative group.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite of products, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, the internet and project management software
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, highly complex matrix organization
- Superior customer relationship skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and align key stakeholders.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common inquiries from customers (internal and external). Ability to create proper escalation of issues and communicate daily metrics to appropriate audience. Must be able to communicate in group settings in professional manner with other tools, such as telecom, video, and audio devices.
- Understands, reads, writes, and communicates in English.
- Ability to analyze and problem-solve.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Usual Office environment involves frequent sitting, walking, standing, and occasionally climbing, stooping kneeling, crouching and balancing.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination.
- Verbal and auditory capacity with or without assistance, enabling interpersonal communications well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- The job is primarily performed in a typical office environment. The noise level is usually quiet.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. These may be added, removed, changed, or reassigned as needed to accommodate business requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer.M/F/Veteran/Disabled