zavvie is the first end-to-end brokerage platform for all selling solutions. zavvie offers the only comprehensive Seller Solutions platform for brokerages that connects agents and their clients with all selling options in their market. zavvie bridges that gap for modern agents, so they are able to use alternative selling solutions to un-stick homeowners who are hesitant to sell and close deals that would otherwise not exist. zavvie gives top brokerages and their agents the technology, marketing and support they need to serve their clients in today’s evolving real estate landscape.
zavvie is an early-stage SaaS firm empowering the modern real estate agent to bring all selling options to the table. It represents a huge opportunity to disrupt a $1.6T market. zavvie is perfectly positioned to facilitate the convergence of traditional industry players and new disruptors, connecting the seller supply with buyer demand.
Additional information can be found at http://www.zavvie.com/
The Opportunity: Chief Financial Officer
Reporting to the CEO, the CFO will have strong foundation in managing both strategic and operational functions of a finance organization. zavvie aims to run a nimble organization with just the right amount of overhead and managerial power to keep the product and customer teams operating smoothly and productively. The CFO will work directly with leaders across the company in operations, product and customer functions to provide critical planning, decision support and related expertise to facilitate zavvie’s strategic growth plans. The CFO will have the overall responsibility for the finance and for the business’ financial risk perspective and management. The CFO will advise and work closely with the CEO to communicate with external current and potential investors, banks and alliance partners. The growth objectives of the company will likely require some building and scaling of the finance team. Critically important to us is that zavvie is a values-driven organization. As such, our successful candidate will possess personal and professional integrity, empathy, strong communication skills, and a demonstrated commitment to collaboration.
Specific responsibilities include:
Who are you?
- Strategic Leadership:
- With the CEO and leadership team, provides strategic leadership for the planning and direction of company, fulfilling the zavvie vision and business goals. Applies insight and creativity to develop a strategy and supporting objectives that have both short- and long-term impact.
- The CFO is responsible for keeping, analyzing, and reporting on all money-related matters for the business, including identifying potential investors and spearheading investor relations.
- People management and development:
- Provides guidance and oversight for the Finance team in the areas of performance and development.
- Provides insight, guidance, action, and oversight on the prioritization of project and task management.
- Has “hands on” approach; leads and is directly involved in Finance related projects and their completion.
- Interacts with internal teams to keep informed.
- Helps raise money and flesh out and drives monetization paths for zavvie products and services:
- Identifies potential investors and helps the CEO raise money with preferred venture firms, private equity and individual investors, or potential “big brother” investors/partners.
- Networks with industry, customers, competitors, vendors, etc., to understand industry views on issues that impact zavvie.
- Provides timely, pertinent and accurate information for all regulatory reporting and investor relations.
- Seize growth opportunities – monetization paths must be identified, evaluated and prioritized.
- Yes, it’s all about money, and because a business relies on money to grow, the CFO has a fundamental role in the company. Income and expenses must be accurately measured. Key performance indicators (KPIs) must be created. Money pits must be identified and filled.
The ideal candidate is smart, organized, and articulate. You are independent yet a collaborative team player. You have gravitas and know how to interact with the CEO, the leadership team and investors. You have an extensive background in leading a SAAS or networked marketplace firm to a successful exit. You bring energy and know how to move obstacles in an appropriate manner. You have a passion for growth and shared success. You embrace change rather than fear it!
- You have been a CFO in a growth minded startup environment before.
- You have successfully built a Finance function within an early-stage enterprise.
- You have led startups or early-stage SaaS or networked marketplace companies to successful exits.
- You can work successfully remotely in a startup environment.
- You have a solid understanding of key metrics:
- Average Cost of Services (ACS)
- Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC)
- CAC Payback Period
- Customer Lifetive Value (LTV)
- You have collaborated well with founders, investors, and Boards.
- Bachelor of Science in Finance.
- MBA preferred.
- Experience and demonstrated technical knowledge and abilities within Finance and in regulatory compliance.
- Flexible & Adaptable
- Fearlessly attack new and uncertain territory
- Demonstrated ability to work in fluid or ambiguous environments
- Treat people with respect, regardless of who they are or what position they are in
- You have stature and are respected in the investor community
- You love to lead and contribute to a team!
- Creative and Strategic thinker
- Professional business acumen
- Ability to wear multiple hats
- Excellent oral and written communication and listening skills
- Results oriented
- Ability to manage several projects at one time
- You have a passion for leadership and love to develop and mentor the leaders of the future
- You are a green light thinker who brings a positive “can do” attitude for the team
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with leadership, the team, and customers
Why do you want this?
Your heart, mind, and soul are entrepreneurial: While you may be a CFO, you like to go for the brass ring. This will be a fast-paced and aggressive company and that excites you.
You love disrupting old and complacent industries! zavvie is uniquely positioned to connect traditional real estate models with innovators in a massive industry.
zavvie’s a leader:
- Technology - zavvie’s Offer Optimizer™ Suite is a one-of-a-kind offering backed by market specific data and proprietary technology. Their technology facilitates and empowers listing agents to get all available offers for their clients.
- Industry Excellence - zavvie has the seal of approval from TOP brokerages and industry leaders across the US. They’re also an Inman Innovator award winner in the Most Innovative Real Estate Technology category for 2019 and a member of the 2018 NAR REACH class.
- Heart - With extensive real estate and customer service experience, zavvie puts people above all else. From designing a customer friendly platform interface to developing a TOP NOTCH Customer Success team, zavvie is customer service centric.
Total Rewards: Pay will vary depending on someone’s experience and successes.
- Base pay is targeted at $225K with a targeted annual bonus of 20% based upon achievement of MBO goals, with some flexibility for the right candidate.
- Equity – this role will have significant equity in the firm.
- The company also provides competitive benefits and a 401K match.
Where is this place?
Zavvie is based in beautiful Boulder, Colorado – But you can work from anywhere and collaborate online and travel as needed.
IPS is the USA Partner of Kennedy Executive Search & Consulting, a Partner network of executive search boutique firms in Europe and The Americas.
Amsterdam / Barcelona / Brussels / Budapest / Copenhagen / Denver / Frankfurt/ Madrid / Mexico City / Miami / Milan / Monaco / Munich / Paris / Prague / Salzburg / Sao Paulo / Zurich