|Traditional Medicinal - Operations Manager|
|Santa Rosa CA|
The Operations Manager’s role is to ensure the safe, efficient and cost-effective execution of the production plan in the Sebastopol production facility.
The Operations Manager is directly responsible for all production and warehouse employees in the Sebastopol facility. They will insure development of a high performing leadership team capable of improving operations every day.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
· Manage the production supervisors on the Sebastopol site, including Blending IMA production, Warehousing and Special Services areas.
· Execute, monitor and adjust the weekly production schedule for all production and warehousing areas.
· Insure that warehousing space is used efficiently and in a manner that supports safe and productive activities
· Insure warehouse inventories are accurate and supported by effective transactional processes.
· Work with Planning/Scheduling, Quality Control and Purchasing Departments to ensure weekly schedules are accomplished. Ensure that the labor required to meet the production plan is available.
· Chair Daily Gemba meetings.
· Drive daily Huddles, ensure they are scheduled, executed and properly functioning.
· Insure annual business plans for the facility are developed, communicated and cascaded into articulate goals for the site leadership team. Provide a cadence of review of those outcomes.
· Review, evaluate, and monitor cross training programs and identify personnel and processes improvements on an on-going basis.
· Provides employee coaching and development. Resolves employee issues through problem solution.
· Be an active member of the Safety committee. Support safety goals of company through communication and ensuring adherence.
· Insure a daily and weekly cadence of review necessary to share key objectives and their accomplishment with all levels at the site. Includes hourly and salaried team members.
· Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the activities listed above.
· Support Quality Assurance with audits and any other regulatory activities including, but not limited to GMP / NSF / SQF / Food Defense, etc…).
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the food / supplement / pharmaceutical industry.
· 5 years of experience in food or Dietary supplement manufacturing.
· 3 years of food manufacturing leadership in a Food or Dietary supplement plant.
· Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma principles as well as continuous improvement methodologies
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
· Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Working knowledge of ERP systems
· Flexibility and adaptability.
· Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
· Ability to analyze business problems from both a qualitative and quantitative perspective.
· Ability to think innovatively
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Passionate believer of visual metrics and focused KPI’s
· Extremely well-organized and accurate with details
· Highly creative and out of the box thinking
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to motivate people
· Proven project management skills to ensure on-time, high-quality deliverables
· Strong leadership skills with proven ability to facilitate cross-functional teams
· Able to work under deadlines and handle multiple and detail-oriented tasks
· Ability to meet minimum physical requirements to work in a production or warehouse environment
Would you like to apply to this job?