|Position Title:||Brewing Solutions Specialist ||Date:||March 2019|
|Location:||Yakima, Washington||Grade/Level:|| |
|Reports to:||Brewing Solutions Director |
Position Summary: The Brewing Solutions Specialist will operate the 15-gallon brewery, and manage/execute the brewing trials using new hops and hop products. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for managing and supporting technical services activities in the Latin America Region, including sales support in product commercialization and management, external publications and presentations, and development of technical literature. This position will work with the customers on hop products use, process optimization, beer formulation, and sensory evaluations. Will accompany sales representatives and company executives on customer visits to provide training, consulting, assisting with product development, and identifying new commercial opportunities.
Primary Responsibilities: (Must consider: 1) knowledge required; 2) problem solving; and 3) accountability.)
|% of time|| || |
|50||1||Manage, maintain, and operate the pilot brewery (15-gallon brewing system). Design experiments, track and independently conduct brewing trials, keep detailed records and prepare thorough reports. Hands-on job.|
|20||2||Visit customers and potential customers to provide product-, application-, and solution knowledge. Solve issues, address challenges, fill the needs, and exploit opportunities using Barth Haas Group’s products. Provide product commercialization support. Support/plan /execute/monitor, and report trials at customers’ facilities. Assist sales representatives in the investigation of customer complaints; prepare final reports to be presented to customers.|
|10||3||Prepare and deliver external technical presentations and publications, including an annual Hops Academy held in Spanish speaking countries in Latin America. Represent the Company on professional associations’ technical committees. Strategically visit and participate in relevant industry conferences and tradeshows. Support customer-related Harvest activities.|
|10||4||Gain deep understanding of customer operations and problems to solve.|
Identify new opportunities at existing and potential new customers. Provide market information and industry needs to support the innovation pipeline. Provide timely, accurate technical services reports to sales and innovations management.
|5||5||Conduct Haas facilities tours and trainings (internal and external).|
|5||6||Other duties as may be assigned in accordance with Company needs and requirements.|
Conditions of Employment:
1. Position requires high degree of latitude and time flexibility.
2. Travel is involved as well as special projects, activities and customer entertainment that require working during evening hours and weekends.
3. Because the nature of R&D trials cannot always be controlled or predicted, work on projects or trials may require working additional hours, evening hours and weekends.
3. When no special circumstances exist, working hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
4. Must comply with all John I. Haas, Inc. policies and procedures.
Qualifications: (Education/Experience/Skills required of the Position)
1.Bachelor’s degree in brewing, food science, biology, or related field.
2.Brewing training, a passion for beer and flavors. Demonstrated deep understanding of brewing industry.
3.7+ years of experience in brewing or fermentations.
- Strong work ethic, team player, self-starter. Resourceful with a “get-it-done”, “can-do” attitude.
- Hard-working, efficient, comfortable with time pressure. Flexibility and willingness to work within changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including technical writing and public speaking.
- Spanish / English bilingual.
This form indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this job title. It is not designed to contain nor should it be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of all employees with this job title.