Spartan Light Metal Products is looking for a confident and well-rounded VP of Business Development & Advanced Engineering to lead sales and engineering sales efforts at Spartan. Responsible for the planning andexecution of Spartan’s automotive customer intimacy-based growthstrategy to achieve the company’s vision, including customer profitabilityand diversification objectives. Primary functions include account management, sales, advanced engineering, quoting and industry relations. As a member of the leadership team, participates in strategic business planning, policy development, and in development and administration of theCompany’s Core Operating Values and annual Corporate Major Missions.
You also must encompass Spartan’s Core Operating Values in dailyactivities and in the attainment of department strategies and goals: (Personal Responsibility and Accountability; Promoting Teamwork and Collaboration; Creating Value for Our Stakeholders; Acting with Honesty and Integrity)
• Achieves profitable growth and retention of strategic customers through effective account management that provides relevantvalue across the customer’s functions (engineering, purchasingand manufacturing) and up and down their organization, e.g., front line quality manager to senior management.
• Assures that Spartan is engaged upstream with the strategiccustomer’s product design and engineering functions to addvalue and to favorably position the company to capture high potential new programs.
• Facilitates the connections between Spartan personnel and key personnel at strategic customer sites worldwide including implementation of an organized contact and information gathering system.
• Clarifies and further strengthens the company’s value propositionas perceived by strategic customers (existing and targeted).
• Makes continual progress with positioning Spartan as with strategic customers.
• Oversees the continual fine-tuning of the quoting process in close coordination with finance and manufacturing to optimize the balance between competitiveness and profitability.
• Pursues additional customers when consistent with Spartan’sstrategic plan.
• Responsible for timely and accurate sales forecasting and results over a five-year time-period (e.g., accountable for sales projections made in year one compared to actual results in years three through five).
• Assure the continued development of Spartan’s technical andengineering process and positions the advanced team as thought leaders with customers.
• Management of primary and other commercial and/or contractual issues in coordination with the finance function.
• Providesguidanceandinsightsintothestrategicplanningprocessthat helpguidefutureinvestmentsin new capabilities, systems solutions, technologies, etc. that will create value for Spartan andits’ strategic customers.
• Contributes to and supports the existence of a positive work environment through personal involvement by communicating, interacting and behaving in a manner that promotes productive relationships with coworkers, supervisors, customers, and others with whom such relationships are important to the success of company operations.
• Supports Company’s succession planning and talentdevelopment strategies by taking an active role in identifying successor candidates; creating development plans & providing ongoing feedback & development.
• Performs supervisory duties, including hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, developing, counseling, disciplining and rewarding team members. Fosters a positive and engaged work environment.
Responsible for directly managing 10 – 20 exempt individual
contributors and managers performing Account Management, Advanced Engineering, Quote Development and Contract Administration.
Demonstrated strong executive-level strategic problem solving and decision-making skills.
Demonstrates Executive Level leadership while embracingSpartan’s Core Values and a commitment to ongoing employeedevelopment.
Performs other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned.