|POSITION TITLE:||Assistant Vice President, Chief Medical Information & Innovation Officer|
|REPORTING TO:||Chief Information Officer |
|Orlando Health is a $3.4 billion not-for-profit healthcare organization and a community-based network of hospitals, physician practices and outpatient care centers across Central Florida. The organization is home to the area’s only Level One Trauma Centers for adults and pediatrics and is a statutory teaching hospital system that offers both specialty and community hospitals. More than 2,900 physicians have privileges across the system, which is also one of the area’s largest employers with more than 20,000 employees who serve more than 112,000 inpatients, more than 2.4 million outpatients, and more than 10,000 international patients each year. Additionally, Orlando Health provides more than $450 million in total value to the community in the form of charity care, community benefit programs and services, community building activities and more. Additional information can be found at www.orlandohealth.com.|
|SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITY:|
|Assistant Vice President, Chief Medical Information & Innovation Officer leads the direction and design of Orlando Health’s clinical informatics. This position is the liaison to the clinical staff. Matrixed roles support the Information Technology teams with Products and Projects, Business Relationships and Operations support. The Assistant Vice President, Chief Medical Information & Innovation Officer leads the Information Technology organization to identify, research, pilot, and support the adoption of new and emerging digital business solutions. |
- Participate in the implementation and oversee the continued use of the comprehensive health record (CHR) and other clinical informatics systems to support quality and performance improvement initiatives.
- Leads clinical information technology use, including but not limited to, analytics, decision support, and workflow support in service of the quality and patient safety goals of the organization.
- Oversee the development and implementation Orlando Health’s key Information Technology innovation initiatives that advance the strategic goals of the business, enabling improvements in guest service, revenue generation, and operational efficiency and productivity.
- Identify and pursue technology research and development initiatives to support quality and patient safety efforts.
- Monitor HHS “Meaningful Use” criteria of electronic medical records systems to ensure that the organization is meeting criteria ahead of deadlines; develop and implement strategic initiatives related to clinical quality monitoring, improvement, and reporting for the Health System.
- Serve as relationship management executive to the medical staff leadership across the continuum of care, medical executive committees, advance practice professionals, and related governance and enterprise teams such as chief quality officers. And with nursing and allied health departments in collaboration with the Deputy CIO/Business Relationship leader across all venues of care. , Define and develop the informatics program and practice methodologies, and deploy in a constient and repeatable way to promote the clinical agenda, improve clinical adoption, acceptance, and use of information technology while delivering excellent patient care and continuously improving clinician satisfaction.
- Provide oversight and leadership to medical education programs regarding new and existing technologies.
- Leads technological innovation including the entire product development lifecycle with a goal of improving time to market and enhancing the overall customer experience. Achieve innovation and competitive advantage for Orlando Health by enabling the business through innovation and the fast paced changes and adoption in technologies, processes, and people.
- Review medical informatics trends, experiences, and approaches; develop technical and application implementation strategies, assist in the development of strategic plans for clinical information systems, and develop clinical data analytics capabilities meeting clinical needs
- Provide leadership regarding medical and technical solutioning to the hospital system's Telehealth Department including processes that are followed for the credentialing of medical staff in the use of Telehealth.
- Implement and lead digital business enhancing innovation and technology changes in collaboration with clinical and units throughout the organization.
- Champion and design processes that integrate initiatives into effective and seamless development life cycles enhancing the project management process and aligning to the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Identify disruptive trends early and work with business leaders on incorporating and mitigating them into operations and an overall innovation strategy.
- Serve as an enabler for innovative solutions and foresee trends in technology. Partner with various leaders to ensure alignment to existing product and technology roadmaps and have engagement with the Innovation Council.
- Facilitate innovation meetings, demonstrate brainstorming / consensus building, and interact with project stakeholders.
- A minimum of six (6) years of functional experience in the business function.
- In depth and up-to-date knowledge of the evolving environment of healthcare
- Strategic, transformative and collaborative
- Informatics experience and track record as a clinician-investigator desired
- Self-directed and has the ability to meet goals without direct supervision
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Board certification and part-time clinical practice preferred
- Possess fundamental knowledge of tools and methods for teaching best practices and performance improvement
- Leader, visionary, consensus builder, innovative, effective, ethical
- Executive presence with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Proactively manages and coaches team members with performance and behavior
|A medical degree is required with an advanced business, engineering or public health degree desirable. |
Maintains current MD or DO licensure in the State of Florida.
|Self-Motivation: Will take unsolicited actions toward achieving overall objectives. Relentless sense of urgency; a thorough, hands-on and insightful problem-solver with a can-do attitude and demonstrated results. |
People Development: Ability to mentor and develop a global team, requiring both technical general management skills. Demonstrated leadership capabilities; ability to attract, organize, motivate and lead diverse teams in order to achieve results. Ability to provide both strategic and day-to-day direction to the team.
Strategic & Execution-oriented: Possesses the ability to balance strategic visions and execution capabilities to deliver results. A confident leader with the proven ability to execute with a strong focus on collaboration and communication across all constituencies.
Strong and Inspiring Leader: Who is also a team player with the ability to sell change effectively and influence others.
Communicator: Applies excellent verbal and written communication skills to translate the vision and strategy into clear priorities and direction, both internally and externally.
Goal-oriented: Sets the highest of standards for self and others, fostering high levels of accountability through fair assessment processes for business partners and employees.
Trustworthy: Capacity to quickly build trust, confidence and influence within internal team and the broader organization. Combined with the ability to create the organizational passion to drive change and innovation in response to changing needs of the business.
|An attractive competitive compensation arrangement will be provided to the selected candidate.|
|The Company offers a competitive Benefits package.|
|Relocation assistance is available for the selected candidate. |